Question

DocuSign identification with IDnow for Romania

• 25 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I am based in Romania and I am trying to sign a document in DocuSign that requires identification with IDnow. I was told (via browser and mobile app) that for Romania I need to have both my national id card and a passport. I don’t have a passport and it takes up to 3 weeks to obtain one. I need to sign the document asap. 
What can I do ? 

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @MariaPopescu ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you are unable to sign your document due to it requesting several ID documents, I understand you need to sign a document but this has IDnow on it and it is requesting you to use several ID documents, is that correct?

To better understand, is IDnow the one requesting multiple documents?

From my knowledge, IDnow only needs one document to authenticate the signer, the signer can use any of the following ID methods listed under their respective country: Sign with the IDnow Trust Service Provider to Issue Qualified Electronic Signatures in the European Union

Note: the list can be viewed by clicking the link above and clicking the hyperlink “Documents Supported by IDnow”.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @MariaPopescu ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!