Question

email security

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I use Docusign for the encryption security. But Docusign emails final documents to me over unsecure email. How is this secure, and why am I paying for this? 

Eddie

4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m glad you’re concerned about security!  Pretty important in the modern age.  If you do not wish for completed documents to be sent via email at completion of the signing ceremony, you can turn that feature off.  As an admin, navigate to Settings, Signing Settings, and you will find an Envelope Delivery section where you can disable completed documents being sent via email.  Here is an article to help guide you:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=fur1583277359739.html&_LANG=enus

SMTP is the one component of an envelope session which cannot be encrypted by us.  By eliminating the completion attachment, you can rest assured all motions are secured.  

I hope this helps guide you and have an excellent day!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello!

I hope you are doing well. I usually turn it off in the settings, so I get no email with attachments. I use the Manage in eSignature to track statuses.

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Very Respectfully,
Justin Jiang

Badge

We are the partner of DocuSign:

https://partners.docusign.com/s/partner-profile/aNQ8Z000000wk2dWAA/freelink

Our customer mostly integrate their internal system with DocuSign, then the envelope completed event trigger the webhook of docusign, let the system know which envople is completed. then download the envelope in their system and archive it automatically. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Capt Eddie,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!