Question

Writeback form to Salesforce

• 5 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

We have a document that we want to convert to a web form that will allow our customersto fill in contact and account information and signatures for writeback into Salesforce. Sometimes these will be new contacts/accounts and sometimes they want to send a link to a prefilled form that the customer can edit. There are 2 contacts on the form who will each need to sign. Is this possible using DocuSign? We have the DocuSign Apps Launcher in Salesforce.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello @MelG

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I know the importance of having the information displayed as needed. I understand that you want to have a Web Form to write back to Salesforce.

Currently, there is no option to have Web Forms to write back to Salesforce while using DAL, however, the feature is currently being developed, and we do not have an exact ETA to provide.

There are a few workarounds that you could do if you need to set this up:

Leverage the legacy DFS connector and this support article to write back Web Form data to Salesforce. Please be aware that this is our legacy app and the service eventually be terminated, you’ll need to reconfigure your use case once our latest integration is updated.

If the option with legacy DFS is not a feasible one, then a more custom and sustainable long-term approach requires a small amount of Apex development, in this case, an Apex developer is needed, but be aware that this can be done at a high level.

You can set up a site in Salesforce to act as their webhook endpoint URL, then set up a custom Connect configuration in your DocuSign account to point to that webhook URL. You will need to write Apex code in your Salesforce organization to function as a webhook listener, which will then ingest the data, parse it, and then act upon it (create/update a record, trigger something else, etc.)

The Apex Toolkit is supported by our developer support team, to contact them you will need to create a support case.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @MelG,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.