Question

Web Form Not Advancing to Signing Screen

• 14 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We have a simple Web Form setup that is not advancing past the form edit/review page to the actual DocuSign signing screen. As the creator I can paste the link into a browser and flow through the process correctly, but when I share the link to others they can only start the form, enter their information in the form fields, then review what has been entered. Once they click that final “next” to go to the full document to sign it, the form freezes and goes no further. We have tried on multiple machines and used multiple browsers.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@kreedpauley75 Although I do not have a resolution, I am wondering what happens if you try to just “use” the associated Template on that Web Form? Any errors with envelope creation via the Template?  Anything complicated or unusual about the Template/WebForm in terms of complexity such as using Formulas, Conditional Recipients etc?

Unfortunately without an error or other messaging it might be hard to determine the cause, outside of copying the Template, removing anything that might be causing an error such a Conditional Fields that might be broken, Conditional Recipients, Formulas etc.

Also have you tried to open, edit then reactivate the Web Form?

Badge +1

@David.Schmitz Thank you for that suggestion. The template works fine as a PowerForm and as a simple envelope. The Web Form is very basic, with only 8 fields, including the name/email fields for 2 signing roles. There are no conditional recipients or fields. It’s like the form just freezes. Plus, I am able to use the form by going to the link, but I am also the creator/owner. I will try to reactivate it and see if that makes a difference. We have been using Web Forms since Nov with no issues. One of the forms that we were using to survey participants of an event that ran 8 weeks encountered this problem last week, but had worked fine the previous 7 weeks. Whatever is causing this is new in the last 2 weeks, and is affecting more than one form.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @kreedpauley75,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.