Solved

Using a Web Form where the template has Collaborate

• 26 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve created a web form with a signing order. When I initially made the template, there was an area that Signer #2 needed to be able to edit in case Signer #1 made a mistake. It looks like when Signer #2 made edits, it tried to push the DocuSign back to Signer #1 but there’s no way for them to go in and approve the changes. Am I trying to do something that’s not supported or is there a way to make that work?

icon

Best answer by David.Schmitz 26 February 2024, 18:07

View Original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@jYoCreates Sounds like when you added the “collaboration” to the field you set the checkbox for “Changes Require Initials” which would have created the situation where if Recipient 2 changes data that was added by Recipient 1 it would require Recipient 1 to add initials to the change for approval.  This can be disabled in the Template but you may need to send a new envelope after this update to the Template. You can try to correct this in the current envelope but I am unsure whether it would let you disable this feature now that Recipients have taken action.  If you are unable to remove this through correction then you need to update the Template/Web Form and have a new envelope created.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=vbt1578456355414.html&_LANG=enus

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @jYoCreates,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.