Question

Set Signing Group Based on Web Form Input or ECF

• 6 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I’m looking for some conditional logic for signature routing. We have mulitple offices, if a contract comes out of one office, it should then go to that office’s signing group to sign. I’m using a web form to create our contracts, and I’m looking for a way for the user to select the office and that then change the signing group that would be assigned as the countersigner. Is this possible?

6 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I’m looking to use a form to set envelope custom fields. For example, I’m trying to include the client company name as an ECF, so it can pull into the subject line. There are a few other examples that this would account for as well, but this is the general idea behind it.

Badge +2

Not as easy as I originally anticipated, but I can create 100+ conditional rules. Is it possible instead to do it automatically?

Badge +2

Hello,

I’m looking to use a form to set envelope custom fields. For example, I’m trying to include the client company name as an ECF, so it can pull into the subject line. There are a few other examples that this would account for as well, but this is the general idea behind it.

Badge +2

To confirm - looking for an answer for my second question, as it keeps getting put into this thread instead of a new one.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @David.Carasiti ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

My apologies for the late replies. I understand you are looking to set a conditional logic on your recipients and add an ECF to your envelopes and the envelope subject.

Regarding adding a condition to your recipients, yes this can be possible, there is a feature called Conditional Routing which will allow you to set several signing groups/recipients and depending on what one of the recipients select in a field on the document it will route to that team. Please view the following article: Example Use Cases for Conditional Routing

Regarding adding an ECF, yes this can also be possible, however, if the custom field is going to be changing I recommend you create it as an empty field and as a required field so that you can add the information depending on your needs. The below article can be of assistance:

Please note that you would need the assistance of an account admin to create ECF and some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @David.Carasiti ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!