Question

How to save during completion of webform and also the associated Docusign Signing session to finish later?

• 23 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have a webform I created and have a few questions regarding it and the signing session that is generated after completion of the form.

1.  When I copy the URL to complete the webform, it is the same URL each time.  Do i use the same URL for every person I want to send to, or is there another method I’m supposed to be using to send it to different people to complete the webform?
  2. When someone is completing the webform, how do they save progress if they want to come back to it later, I’m not seeing that option?
  3. When the docusign signing session opens up, if I click on Finish Later, I’m not seeing any emails that come to me to allow me to restart the session?  Upon starting the webform completion, there is an individual name and email address I enter that as I understand is used for the webform and docusign session, but I don’t get any emails that I input there.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @KirstenP 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We’re glad to know that you’re using Webforms.

Web Forms is an evolving feature and there are some limitations and other considerations at this stage. We will continue developing this feature, potentially addressing some of these limitations in future releases. Review this topic if you have questions about Web Forms features.

Answer to question 1:
You can send the same URL for any person that you would like to fill up the webform.
Perhaps, you can evaluate a possibility to embed the URL in your intranet or website so they can start the Webform clicking in a button leading to the URL.

Answer to question 2: 
No, the 'save for later' functionality is not currently supported, but it's on the roadmap.

Answer to question 3

See this article Limitations and Considerations for Web Forms. https://t.ly/0XKWU

An attempt would be to find the sent envelope generated by the Webform then Resend it to the recipient.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre 

Badge +1

I hope you can get the save feature for the web form completion out as soon as possible, this is a very important feature, especially for longer forms.

Also, as I understand, the only way to get the signing session to save and finish later is to toggle on the email feature of webforms to initiate a session through email.  It does not appear to work when going directly from completion of the web form to a docusign session, please confirm or elaborate?  Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @KirstenP,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.