Question

Do standalone Webforms count toward envelope allocation?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hey DocuSign team!

Recently, webforms can be built without having an underlying template assigned to them - which is great for use cases when we need to collect data but there’s no document to sign (like a Google form)

However, I’m curious, are they also billed as envelopes?

In other words, if we submit a standalone webform, will this deduct an envelope from our envelope count?

Here’s the article where standalone webforms are referenced:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ous1698169987748&topicId=gua1698120920620.html&_LANG=kokr

And it’s also in the attached screenshot in the red box

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Our plan is billed solely with envelopes usage. I believe standalone web forms won’t be charged.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you Justin, what would be the best way to get a 100% firm answer on this one? I’ve asked sales reps and they didn’t understand the difference standalone and normal webforms and told me they don’t have any information about it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@sofian_solusign

The screenshot you provided is related to the new Docusign IAM Maestro offering, which is a workflow engine. This will allow you to include a stand-alone web form into your Maestro workflow to gather data. I doubt the functionality will be available without an IAM subscription.

The pricing and packaging for IAM has not yet been released, which is the reason why sales reps did not understand what your question is referring to. The usage of stand-alone web forms should be included in the IAM subscription, which is most likely to be seat based and therefore independent from the envelope usage.