Question

Copying Existing Web Form

• 28 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

We have many events throughout the year but our participation agreement is basically the same other than some changes to title and date.

The Web Form that connects to these templates is great for the end user but requires a lot of set up time. Because the Web Form is about 90% identical for each, is there a way to copy an existing Web Form and connect the form and its fields to a new template?

I feel like I’m missing something really simple on the DocuSign site to accomplish this task, but I just don’ see it.

I see that you can download a json configuration file. If you reupload it, it creates an exact duplicate connections and all. Would it work to download this configuration file, edit it and then reupload to accomplish this goal? If so which areas would I need to change and how would I get those that data?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Sean,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to transfer your Web Form to another user, and I will share more details on this topic.

There is no option to change the template related to a Web Form. Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. 

I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation.

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. 

Otherwise, please share your thoughts with our development team by emailing your request to 

feedback@docusign.com.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Sean,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!