Solved

Setting up payments in DocuSign

• 16 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I am having trouble setting up online payments through DocuSign. I want my clients to be able to pay by credit card through DocuSign after they sign. My credit card company is elevon/Converge. There is a payment link that I need to attach to doc you sign which my credit card company set up. I have talked to DocuSign support and my credit card company support and neither of them can figure out how to get it to work. Has anybody used this service that could point me in the right direction?

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 16 May 2023, 21:20

View Original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I appreciate you sharing your concern. If your account has access to DocuSign Payments, you will be able to require your signers to process payment before completing their envelopes after you have configured your Payment Gateway,

In order to start the setup process you will need to go to Settings>Integrations>Payments, once there you will want to select "Add Payment Gateway", in order to log into your Payment Gateway account.

For detailed steps on this process, see:

Add a payment gateway

Once you have successfully configured your Payment Gateway, you will be able to require payment in your envelopes, as explained, here;

Requesting One-Time Payments Along with Signatures

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Userlevel 2

i have it working. But my URL is so long and when I drag it onto my document it takes up space. Can I make that smaller or just have a button that says “pay here”?

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

During the document tagging step of the envelope creation workflow, you will be able to add a "Payment" field, this will work as a "Pay" button for the amount that you have configured for your field.

If you have configured your Payment Gateway, you will be able to drag and drop this field from the fields menu on the left side of the screen.

You can find detailed steps on how to add a Payment Field to your envelope, here:

To include a one-time payment request in a document

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 2

Ok I tried that but still confused. I want to set up my pay now button in my templates so I can use it as needed. Do I need to take my Custom Field with my URL and bring it to the pay now or payment field? I just want me template to be all set up so I only need to fill in minimal information each time I use it. I will try to call you today to discuss.

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Thank you for reaching back.

You are welcome to add your Payment Fields to any existing or new template during the document tagging step.

There you will only be required to drag and drop the standard Payment Field from the Standard Fields menu and specify the amount to be charged to the signer.

For more details on this process, see:

To include a one-time payment request in a document

As always, please don't hesitate in letting me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,