Question

Notary Public HELP!

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have two documents that my sister in law needs to sign and notarize.  She lives in Mexico so she can’t just go to a notary.

Is there a way I can find a notary here who I can schedule a meeting between SIL and notary to get these documents executed?

I’m on a hard deadline as I can’t proceed with filing taxes on this issue until these papers are filed with the court and tax day is fast approaching.

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @andreafrost78,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to find a notary to help you get your sister’s signature notarized, and I will share more details on how to best approach this situation.

Even though DocuSign does offer remote notarization as part of the features included in the eSignature application, we do not provide the notarization itself, neither have made available a list of government approved attorneys that could help you with this legal process.

Taking this into consideration, you will need first to find a qualified attorney to help you with the legal procedure, before their notarization session can take place in our platform.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

I have an estate attorney for this matter.  He said that an eNotary would be fine.  She used such a notary for her divorce papers and the court (same court, different division now) at that time.

The attorney doesn’t have DocuSign or an eNotary on hand.

I will have her reach out to the person she used previously, sounds like the simplest solution here.

Thank you