Solved

[Notary] How to modify the name that appears in signing session invitation emails?

Userlevel 2

When sending an envelope from Notary, the client receives an email from "Example Company - PROD". We'd like to switch that to just "Example Company". I've looked through all the settings I can see, and nowhere does the name "Example Company - PROD" exist. How can I change this?

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 5 April 2023, 20:43

View Original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Are you the admin on the account? If yes, that information can be found by going to:

1. Settings
  2. Account Profile
  3. Account Name
  4. Edit
  5. Save

As well, if you have the resource files, you can remove it altogether from the email notification, please view page 43: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=docusign-email-resource-file-guide&topicId=docusign-email-resource-file-guide.pdf&_LANG=enus

If you are not the DocuSign administrator, then please reach out to them.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 2

That may work for DocuSign eSignature, but that does not work for DocuSign Notary. The string name in the profile is NOT the string name being displayed in the emails.

Yes, I am the admin on the Notary account as well as the eSignature account.

Userlevel 2

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Actually, DocuSign Notary and DocuSign eSignature are tied together, the account name you have in eSignature affects the name that shows in Notary and any emails sent from Notary. So you have the following 3 options, which I recommend the second if you do not want to change the name of the account or the resource files:

1. Change the Account Name
  2. Create a custom Brand with the desired Account Name defined in it (we'll favor the brand over the account's actual name)
  3. Using the Email Resource File, customize the brand to completely remove the variable, and hard-code the desired value.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!