Question

New York Notary for International Remote Session

• 5 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Our parents are stuck in Portugal and need to have a new Durable Power of Attorney for Finances notarized by a commissioned New York State notary who is approved to do remote notarizations.  (1) Does Docusign offer international notary services, and (2) can I request a commissioned NYS notary before my session?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @MTDinDC,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear about your parents situation, but I will share more details on how to best approach this situation.

Even though DocuSign does offer remote notarization as part of the features included in the eSignature application, we do not provide the notarization itself, neither have made available a list of government approved attorneys that could help you with this legal process.

Taking this into consideration, you will need first to find a qualified attorney to help you with the legal procedure, before it can take place in our platform.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @MTDinDC,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!