Question

Illinois remote and electronic notaray

• 8 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

When will Illinois be added for remote and electronic notarization? The last information posted on this website discusses how it will be implemented once Illinois develops its remote and electronic notarization rules. Well, Illinois has developed its rules. Remote and electronic notarization is live in Illinois.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello @rubinow,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you, I know the importance of having the RON feature on the State that you need; I understand that you want to know when will the State of Illinois be added for remote and electronic notarization.

We apologize for the inconvenience, as you may know, DocuSign Notary supports the following states for remote online notarization (RON) today.

If a state is not listed above, it is due to one of the following reasons:

1. That state has not passed permanent RON legislation and/or finalized rules and regulations. Please consult the RON legality guide for specifics on each state. 
  2. Legislation is approved, but our Legal team is in the process of evaluating the compatibility of the law with DocuSign Notary and working with the Secretary of State to become an approved RON technology vendor.

Currently, we cannot provide an ETA on when the State of Illinois will be available for selection.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @rubinow,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.