Skip to main content

Hello.

I am using a free trial mode docusign. I understood I have a 30-day trial with 5 envelopes. I used a first envelope with a signature test with nine people and it worked perfectly. Now I am trying to sign a document with 24 people and afeter the first five recipientes there is an alert sign saying “The recipient limit on the envelope has been exceeded.”

I don’t understand why I was able to sign a document with 9 recipeints before.

What is the limit of recipients for envelope on the free trial mode? Is there a way I can make 24 people sign?

Thank you

Hi @Luis Rico,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to  hear that you haven’t been able to send your envelope due to this error, but I will share more details on the topic.

Free Trial accounts are expected to use less than 10 recipients in an envelope.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused, I can confirm that this limitation only affects accounts with a Free plan, paid accounts have a 99 recipient limit.

For more details on this topic, see:

Limitations When Creating or Signing an Envelope in Docusign

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Luis Rico,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

@Alejandro.Ramos I also thought there was no recipient limit for paid users, learned, thanks.

Hi @Hengfeng Ge,

I am glad to see that I was able to help. Please don’t hesitate in letting me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will look into it as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi @Luis Rico,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to  hear that you haven’t been able to send your envelope due to this error, but I will share more details on the topic.

Free Trial accounts are expected to use less than 10 recipients in an envelope.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused, I can confirm that this limitation only affects accounts with a Free plan, paid accounts have a 99 recipient limit.

For more details on this topic, see:

Limitations When Creating or Signing an Envelope in Docusign

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

This is the very thing I'm trying to test, and this unspecified limit as part of the trial is not contained in any help files, which is quite frustrating. I spent a considerable amount of time trying all sorts of things to get this limit error message to stop coming up, which happens when i try to add my 5th recipient (not even the 10th) to an envelope template. Everywhere I searched said the limit was 99.
Can you please remove this restriction on the trial, else how are we to trial the site adequately. I was trying to add 20 recipients, with them able to forward to a witness, so i guess that creates 40 recipients total? 

For context for your help, I was trying to build a template, and I had 3 normal recipients, then i was trying to add more with each assigning their own witness.  I could add 1 or these, but if I tried to add anymore at all, then it would throw up the error and I had to delete recipients back to the 3, to allow me to even save and close it.

(Also, perhaps the error message could link to a support article, so that in future others like us don't have to search so hard for why the error is coming up.)

Is there anyway you remove this limitation from the trial?

Hi @Ringwaldt,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I see how this limitation affects your specific use case, but there is no current way to work around this limit without upgrading the account’s plan. Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. If you’re a Docusign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!