Solved

Consolidate electronic and hand written signatures on a document

• 22 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I electronically routed a document for signatures. Half of the recipients signed the document electronically, and the other half put pen to paper. How do I complete the esignature and release a completed document.

icon

Best answer by mrave 22 January 2024, 17:11

View Original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi DGESSELLLEE,

How did the wet signatures end up on the document?

DocuSign provides an option to download, sign and then upload the signed document back into the workflow, which then continues to the next recipient in the workflow. After all recipients completed their signatures, the signature workflow ends. In this case the final document shows all electronic signatures from the signature workflow and the wet signed documents from “print and sign” will be attached to it. 

If they did not sign using the provided DocuSign functionality and got the documents outside of the DocuSign signature workflow, you cannot simply add these to the existing envelope, as there is no visibility into who actually signed on paper.

If the recipients downloaded the documents from the DocuSign signature workflow, but emailed it back to you instead of uploading it, you should ask them to do so and complete their task in the signature workflow.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @DGESSELLLEE,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, this is a follow up on your post.

Was the information provide useful? Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @DGESSELLLEE,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Badge

I had this same question. If not mistaken, my understanding is that a DocuSign essentially requires signature to be uploaded by the individual that is required to sign. Unlike, AdobeSign that allows the author of the document to upload a ink signed document to in order to complete the envelope. AdobeSign does require for the author to acknowledge that it is in fact the true ink signature that is scanned and uploaded prior to accepting. 

Our case is the client, that signed chooses not to sign anything digitally or upload his signature, but rather is ok with our company to uploaded a copy he signed personally. This is unfortunate DocuSign does not allow, although I do understand the reasons behind it. Adobe is not worth the extra headache to deal with for such a small issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @EWebster,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community, I hope you are doing well.

Your account may be configured to provide only a subset of the three possible signing methods (select style, draw, or upload image). In that case, only the methods supported by your account can be configured in the signature adoption configuration view.

As an administrator, you can configure the format for signature adoption by following these steps: 

1. Go to DocuSign eSignature Settings and select Signing Settings. 

2. Scroll down to the Signature section and click on the Signature Adoption Configuration link. 

3. Set the signature adoption options as described in the sections provided. Finally, remember to select Save to save your changes.

More information at Signature Adoption Configuration.

If you need the signature to appear on a document that is uploaded to DocuSign without the use of the Print and Sign feature, you can do it, you will need to have the recipient sign the document then scan it to PDF and the upload that file to DocuSign, however, any trace of how or where the signature was placed on the document will not appear in the envelope history or the Certificate of completion. Print and Sign Documents.

DISCLAIMER: The information on this site is for general information purposes only and is not intended to serve as legal advice. Laws governing the subject matter may change quickly, so DocuSign cannot guarantee that all the information on this site is current or correct. Should you have specific legal questions about any of the information on this site, you should consult with a licensed attorney in your area.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,