Question

Unable to read name and date fields once the document has been signed.

Badge +1

The name and date fields look fine when I add them to my document, but once they have been filled in and the document has been signed they are unreadable, it is almost like the fields are too small but i can’t see anyway to make them bigger. Has anyone had any experience with this? 

This is what it looks like once signed 

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Cheryl Martin

Can you provide a screenshot to see how it actually looks on the final document?

For comparison a screenshot with the actual tags would be helpful. Thank you!

Badge +1

@Michael.Rave I have added the screenshot of the signed document. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

That looks indeed strange, as if something else is covering part of the fields on the final document. It looks like the fields are there and there is no problem with spacing at all, but for whatever reason the majority of the fields is cut off only showing the bottom part.

Can you tell me with what software application you opened the final PDF?

Can you try opening it with a different application, e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit PDF?

Badge +1

I opened it with Adobe Acrobat, I don’t have Foxit. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Cheryl Martin 

That is strange and I have never seen this before, using Adobe Acrobat Reader since more than 7 years to open the Docusign documents after signature myself. Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) should not behave differently. Have you checked the document with a co-worker to see if this could be related to your machine?

Badge +1

I have, and they see the same thing. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Cheryl Martin 

The last thing I can think of is logging into Docusign eSignature and downloading the document another time. Do you see the same issue when you look at the envelope in Docusign eSignature directly or does is just show like this after the file was downloaded? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Cheryl Martin - When you created your template in DocuSign, did you upload a PDF document that included form fields?   It looks like you might have multiple tag on top of your Date signed and Name fields.

Badge +1

It looks the same when viewed in DocuSign, and no it is an Excel document that is turned to a PDF and then uploaded to DocuSign. There are no form fields on the form. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Cheryl Martin - Can you move your Date signed and Name fields to a different location on the document to see if there is anything else around those fields.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Yes, try in multiple places for testing

Badge +1

I completely redesigned the signature section of the document, as I thought I might have the fields too close together, but it didn’t change anything. The signature field use to do the same thing, until I started to increase the size of the field, which corrected the problem, but I can seem to make the name and date fields bigger. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Cheryl Martin  -  The Date Signed and name fields can be adjusted with the font size.   If you select either field and find the formatting options on the right side.

Badge +1

Ok thanks, I will try this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Cheryl Martin,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.