Question

Documents

• 23 February 2024
  • 12 replies

Badge +1

I am unable to recieve documents directly to my docusign. Typically when someone sends me something to sign or view, I can usually find it in the Action Required tab. However, lately it has not shown up there. I get the notification in email that I have a document, but its not listed where it normally is. The only way to access documents that have been sent to me is through email. How can I fix this?

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Angela W  Any envelopes sent to your DocuSign Account which is linked to a specific email address at the very minimum should be in the Manage > Inbox.  Depending on the action that is required of your Recipient, for example, a “Receives a Copy” would not be present in Action Required, since there is no action to take.  First I would verify that the DocuSign Account uses the same email address as where people are sending the envelopes.  Second verify you do not have multiple DocuSign account which could cause envelopes to go to an alternate account. Last if those items don’t seem to resolve the issue then I would suggest a DocuSign case so they can track the Envelope ID and see where the envelope is going.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Angela W,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge +1

Hi. I was not able to solve the issue and still not properly getting documents.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Angela W,

Thank you for following up.

Were you able to follow the steps provided by @David.Schmitz ?

This behavior is usually related to having multiple users related to the same email address, which can cause some envelopes to be saved in the second user.

If you can’t find your second user, DocuSign Support can assist you through the process. 

To do so, please create a case and include an example envelope ID, so a Support Expert take a closer look at your issue. 

For detailed steps on how to find your envelope ID, see:

Where can I find the Envelope ID?

To create a new support case, please fill out the form provided below:

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @Angela W ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

Badge

I sent a document for my clients to sign.  They signed and pressed “Finish”.  But the document did not come back to me.  I did this twice.  Where can I find the document?  I usually get a notification, but I didn’t get it this time.  Help !

Badge +1

@nathaly.monge I have still not been able to get documents. I was not able to follow the instructions above because they were not very clear to me. What I can answer is that the only envelopes in the Manage> Inbox tab are ones that I've sent or signed. I also do not have multiple docusign accounts that I actively use. I work for the state  and the account I use regularly was created by them. I am still having trouble accessing documents, in which I did always have before. I only get notifications through my email, as mentioned before, and If I dont open at that moment, I always have to get a new link. Im really not sure what to do. Its been months now with no resolve. I dont have any documents my “Action Required” box and I know there are several documents that have been sent to me and waiting on a signature. To get to them, I have to search through all the links sent to my email  from Docusign to get to the right ones. Also in the “Completed” section, not sure if things expire, but the number is constantly going down. For instance, The number was 488 one day, for things that have been completed, now its 322. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Angela W,

Thank you for following up.

I’m really sorry to hear that you are still unable to access your documents through DocuSign.

You mentioned that the email address they are sending it to is the same and that you have no other accounts tied to that email of your knowledge.

We recommend you create a Customer Support case so that a Tech Support Expert can take a closer look at the issue and track the envelopes as they could be going to an account that is not of your knowledge, most likely a recipient account. That way they can close any account in the backend and have the envelopes routed to your current account. Please provide an envelope ID number in the case notes. 

How to find your document’s envelope ID: Where can I find the Envelope ID?

Please open a Customer Support case by clicking the link below.

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport  

1. Select Open a Support Case at the top of the page.
  2. Select the Continue button beneath eSignature, Rooms, and CLM. Note: If you're a DoD customer, select DoD Customer Login.
  3. Log in using your Product credentials (email and password) and select Continue:
    1. The DocuSign Support Center requires login credentials for a Production account. The account can be a Trial account, but it must be in a Production environment (i.e., not a Demo or Sandbox environment).
    2. Have issues logging in? Try these troubleshooting steps.
  4. Select a Case Subject.Note: If you have multiple DocuSign accounts, a pop-up will appear. Select an account to continue.
  5. Select any of the resources under ‘Need Answers Fast?’ that address your issue.
  6. If that doesn't answer your question, select the Add Case Details button.          
  7. Complete the case form.

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Oceanplace ,

Thank you for following up and letting us know about your concerns.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re not receiving the completed documents, nor getting an email notification. I understand this has been done multiple times with the same result.

There a couple of thing we can check:

1. Confirm that you are logged in to the correct account
  2. Go to your profile picture > my preferences > notifications, and confirm that all the needed options are selected
  3. If you have the envelope ID, you can look for the envelope directly by using the below link: Where can I find the Envelope ID?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Badge +1

Hello. Thanks for your response, however, i’m not sure that you understand what the issues are. I am receiving emails and completed documents, I am however not receiving documents that others need me to sign, on my actual docusign. They only go to my email, but are not listed under the “Action Required” tab, like they used to be. Right now it says “0”, when I know there are about 5 or more documents that have been sent to me recently to sign or review.  I did check the preferences/notifications as you instructed and they were all still checked. Not sure what else to do.

Badge +1

My apologies. I misspoke. I do see that there is another account linked with my profile. Not sure how that happened. I discovered today that my documents are going there. It is not an official account that I use regularly, but was logged into my computer prior to me receiving an account with my job. Is there anyway to merge the two, or get my documents to the right account. I’d like to delete this account to avoid this issue from continuing. 

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @Angela W ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I’m glad to hear that you were able to find your envelopes.

Unfortunately, these can not be merged into your current account, however, we can close the account so no further envelopes can be sent to the wrong account.

You may want to make certain that any important documents have been downloaded to your personal device or computer. 

Once an account has been closed, you will no longer have access to any documents. Information on how to download completed documents is found here: Download or Print Documents

Depending on how your account was originally configured, you may be able to close your account: How to cancel your subscription or close your DocuSign account

Please see the links below on how to cancel on your Apple or Android device or phone:

iTunes: How to manage or cancel your DocuSign plan (iPad, iPhone)

Google Play: How to manage or cancel your DocuSign plan (Android)

If you do not see an option to close the account, please contact customer support as they can close the needed account.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,