Question

User Lockout

• 8 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Wondering where to configure account lockouts for incorrect password attempts.  Is that even possible?  I know how to set the password requirements, but there’s nothing there for max number of failed attempts before restricting access.  Am I missing something?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Michael.Welch !
You, as an eSign Admin with no Single Sign-On enabled to your account, you don’t have this option to configure, however, the DocuSign platform can lock a user automatically due to wrong attempts in a row.

Please, check this article for more information: How many login attempts do I have before I am locked out of my DocuSign account?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Michael.Welch ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Does anyone happen to know how many failed attempts within what time period it takes to actually lock an account?  In my most recent test, I entered an incorrect password 10 times within a span of 2 minutes; it was enough to trigger multiple alters from Monitor, but I was also immediately able to login using my correct password.

My main concern with this is that we have several integrations, and we want to make sure that they are secure, as they are only accessed via password login and not SSO.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Michael.Welch,

Thank you for reaching back.

Unfortunately, the number of attempts can not be disclosed, however, if the limit is surpassed then the wait time is around 20 minutes so that it can be unlocked as mentioned in the article provided by the previous user’s post, my apologies. 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello @Michael.Welch ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,