Question

Turn off prepending of filenames with "Complete_with_DocuSign"

• 26 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hoping someone can help. Is there a way to configure DocuSign so that it does not prepend filenames with “Complete_with_DocuSign” upon signature or download. I often have the filenames exactly as I want them, sometimes quite long, and they get truncated when DocuSign prepends the filename. When I download the combined document + summary I then have to rename the files back to what they were before they were uploaded. This is busy work I’d rather avoid. Is there a way to turn this off?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @ChrisW 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

You can try these two ways:

1. When sending a new envelope, goes to the subject field then remove the “Complete with DocuSign:” phrase replacing for something that you prefer instead. In general, the document name will show up there.

2. Another way is using a Template to send your envelopes.
    You can predefine the Subject field in the template, adding another text like your company name so when you send an envelope from that template the subject will not have the Complete with DocuSign: phrase, but your company name instead so you can complete with the subject that you want.

I hope that helps.

Alexandre

Badge +1

Hi Alexandre, 

Thanks for your advice. I’m still struggling to get DocuSign to do what I want though.

Consider this simple scenario:

1. I upload a document called “filename.pdf” that I wish to sign myself, no other signatories involved.
  2. I sign it as normal and finish the signing process.
  3. When offered to share via a share dialogue I choose not to share. (The same happens if I edit the subject line in this dialogue BTW.)
  4. When I look in my inbox the subject is still “Complete with DocuSign: filename.pdf”.
  5. When I click download (and combine the document and certificate of completion into one PDF as that’s usually what I want for archiving) I get a file called “Complete with DocuSign: filename.pdf”

I’d love to know where this prepended text is coming from and how to stop it.

Best wishes,

Chris.