Question

Moving Account to Non-Profit

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

We are a school that was using Docusign for only two users. I’ve discovered that there is an option for non-profit pricing that can save us some money since we need to add additional users as we grow.  I understand in order for me to make the switch, I will need to cancel my current account and create a new one. I do not want to lose the data we currently hold in our accounts so what would be the best way to backup all the data/documents we currently have?  OR is it possible to just transfer all the information to the new account? Additionally, can I use the same email address for this new account?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Dot,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible

I understand that you are looking to move your account’s contract to our Non-Profit model, and I will gladly help you set it up.

DocuSign is committed to helping nonprofits of all sizes easily and securely sign and request signatures on donor gift forms, volunteer waivers, HR paperwork, and more. Eligible nonprofits can save 30% on annual DocuSign plans.

You can find more details on this topic, here:

DocuSign for Nonprofits

Eligibility Requirements

1. Nonprofits must be U.S. based. International nonprofits should contact nonprofits@docusign.com

2. Nonprofits must hold current 501(c)(3) status, as determined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service

3. Hospitals, health care organizations, higher education institutions and government entities are NOT eligible for this offer

*Promo code NONPROFIT valid for 30% off a DocuSign annual subscription, up to 5 users, purchased on DocuSign.com. Any user seats added after purchase will be at full price. DocuSign Real Estate, API, and corporate plans are not eligible. Valid for new customers only. DocuSign reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at DocuSign's sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.

Regarding your second question, the option to transfer envelopes between accounts is limited to enterprise plans and will only apply for accounts hosted within the same eSignature server, and that are part of the same Organization.

Envelope Transfer

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing  

You are also welcome to re-use your email, but there might be rare scenarios in which the system might not accept having 2 users with the same email address.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Dot,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!