Casual DocuSign User
JimMcLaughlin
Accepted Solution

Using Recipient Access Code Authentication

We are developing an application that creates envelopes from templates.  We anticipate using the Authentication feature with our DocuSign account and we will be adding an access code to the Recipients added to the created envelope.

When the recipient receives and follows the link to the newly created envelope, they are presented with the request for the access code. My question is this, the wording on this authentication page be modified?

Right now the wording is as follows:

Access Code

THE SENDERhas requested you enter a secret access code prior to reviewing the document. You should have received an access code in a separate communication. Please enter the code and validate it in order to proceed to viewing the document.

Access Code: 

We thought we would like to use a known data item such as the last 4 SSN digits.  If we automatically added the last 4 of the SSN as the access code to the recipient object that is added to the envelope, then we would also like to modify the authentication page to let the recipient know that they should enter the last 4 SSN digits or whatever piece of identifying info we choose.

DocuSign Guru
vladcretu

Re: Using Recipient Access Code Authentication

I am not sure about this. Let me look into it. Thanks.

DocuSign Guru
vladcretu

This is what I got about changing the access code authentication:-

The text of the Access Code page can be modified by using the Signing Resource file.

The customer must have Account Branding enabled and using resource files allowed (currently Account Branding is limited to Business plan and Enterprise plan customers).

If the customer has Account Branding and resource files enabled; they can download the Signing Resource file, make the appropriate changes to the data lines described below, and upload the modified resource file. That should change what their recipient sees. You can download the resource file by logging into the DocuSign Console, goto Preferences -> Branding -> Download Signing Resource.

Authentication

These lines allow you to change the text for the dialog box header and message text used for different signer authentication methods.

Authentication Dialog Header

This line sets the dialog box header for authentication methods.  This header applies to all authentication dialog boxes.

#

Data Name

Description and Default Value

ActivationSec_SenderSecRequest

Sets the header for the authentication method dialog box.  This header applies to all authentication dialog boxes.

Default Value: Security Requests from Sender

Access Code Authentication

These lines set the messages used for Access Code authentication dialog boxes.  It can also turn on or off the “Don’t Know Access Code” button.

#

Data Name

Description and Default Value

ActivationSec_AccessCode

Sets the heading inside the dialog box for Access Code authentication.

Default Value: Access Code

ActivationSec_AccessCodeMsgDefault

Sets the text of the Access Code message.

Default Value: [sender] has requested you enter a secret access code prior to reviewing the document.  You should have received an access code in a separate communication.  Please enter the code and validate it in order to proceed to viewing the document.

ActivationSec_EnterCode

Sets the text for the access code entry field.

Default Value: Access Code:

ActivationSec_DontKnowCode

Sets the button text for the Don’t Know Access Code button.

Default Value: Don't Know Access Code

ActivationSec_DontKnowCodeShow

Turns on (true) or off (flase) the Don’t Know Access Code button and text.

Default Value: true

ActivationSec_IncorrectAccessCode

Sets the error message for an incorrect Access Code.

Default Value: Incorrect Access Code.  You have [[AttemptsLeft]] more tries.

ActivationSec_IncorrectAccessCodeOneLeft

Sets the error message for an incorrect Access Code with only one more try remaining.

Default Value: Incorrect Access Code.  You have 1 more try.

DocuSign User
JimmyMick

Vlad,

Our account appears to have Account Banding turned on, but I don't see any mention about Resource Files.  Is enabling "Resource Files" a separate setting from enabling "Account Branding"?

DocuSign User
JimmyMick

Vlad,

I downloaded the resource file and attempted to modify the entry ActivateFailed_MessageFailedVerification

I then uploaded the modified resource file.  However, when I purposefully fail the autentication ID Check and view the auth failure page, I do not see my failure message changes.  Just the original text.

What am I doing wrong?