DocuSign User
SJetter
Accepted Solution

Adding Quote field to DocuSign Status Object within SF.com Professional Edition

I am in the DocuSign Status Connect Settings trying to map the Envelope External Quote field to the Quote Object within SF.com but it does not exist in the drop down as an available option. I am using the SF.com Professional Edition and I just installed DocuSign for Salesforce Real Time Quotes.  Currently, when I send out a quote using DocuSign the DocuSign Status Related List is not updating on the Quote Object. How do I fix this?

Any help that can be provided would be helpful.

Thanks.

Travis-DocuSign

Re: Adding Quote field to DocuSign Status Object within SF.com Professional Edition

This is actually a weird permission setting in SF.com’s Professional Edition which controls access to the Quote Object. To resolve this you will need to add the Quote field to the DocuSign Status Object within SF.com first before it will be available within the Connect settings drop down in DocuSign.

Here are the steps to do this if you are not familiar with this process in the SF.com Professional Edition.

1.       Setup

2.       Under App Setup choose ‘Create’

3.       Click ‘Objects’

4.       Click the Custom Object with the Label ‘DocuSign Status’

5.       Scroll down to the Page Layout section and click the ‘Edit’ button next to ‘DocuSign Status With View Button’

6.       You are now editing the Page Layout of the DocuSign Status where you will need to find the ‘Quote Field’ and drag it onto the page.

7.       Click ‘Save’

Now that the Quote field is added to the DocuSign Status Object you can now go back to your Connect settings within DocuSign to add that field. To get there go to Preferences > Connect. Under the Salesforce.com Field drop down you will see the field called, Quote(reference) which maps to the DocuSign Field called, Envelope External Quote. Once you save that change any envelope you send out from the Quote object will show up in the DocuSign Status Related List.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any additional questions, please contact DocuSign Customer Support at service@docusign.com.

Thanks.

Casual DocuSign User
Symform

Re: Adding Quote field to DocuSign Status Object within SF.com Professional Edition

Is there a video or document on how you instantiate Docusign in a SFDC Quote? 

I create an Opportunity, I create Products, then I create a Quote.  Docusign at the Opportunity level doesn't work.

Anyone have some experience with this?

krisatdocusign

BeauatDocuSign

Here are the steps to do this if you are not familiar with this process in the SF.com Professional Edition.

1.       Setup

2.       Under App Setup choose ‘Create’

3.       Click ‘Objects’

4.       Click the Custom Object with the Label ‘DocuSign Status’

5.       Scroll down to the Page Layout section and click the ‘Edit’ button next to ‘DocuSign Status With View Button’

6.       You are now editing the Page Layout of the DocuSign Status where you will need to find the ‘Quote Field’ and drag it onto the page.

7.       Click ‘Save’

Now that the Quote field is added to the DocuSign Status Object you can now go back to your Connect settings within DocuSign to add that field. To get there go to Preferences > Connect. Under the Salesforce.com Field drop down you will see the field called, Quote(reference) which maps to the DocuSign Field called, Envelope External Quote. Once you save that change any envelope you send out from the Quote object will show up in the DocuSign Status Related List.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any additional questions, please contact DocuSign Customer Support at service@docusign.com.