TimAtDocuSign

DocuSign Quick Tip: Correcting an In Process Envelope

[ Edited ]

Click the Play button below to Watch Video

or View HERE

Note: Changes are only allowed for recipients who have not yet completed their assigned envelope task. A new email will not be sent to recipients who have already completed their task.

You can correct the information in a sent envelope that has In Process status. This can be helpful if an envelope was sent to the wrong email address or incorrect routing order was used in the original envelope.

1) Find the envelope you want to correct in your Sent (or Out for Signature) folder and highlight it by clicking it in the list.

2) Click Actions > Correct.

3) The envelope is opened in the envelope wizard so that you can correct it (change name/email addresses, add documents, adjust routing order, etc).

Note: If you completely remove a recipient, you will also lose any associated tabs. It is best practice to make adjustments to the existing recipient in the list. Also, if you make any changes to an existing recipient’s name or email, or if you add a new recipient, a new notification will be sent automatically. You may also manually resend to any in process recipient by enabling the corresponding Resend checkbox.

4) If you need to change tab placement, add new tabs, remove tabs, etc. click Continue to get to the tagging page. Otherwise, click Correct. This will save the changes made to the envelope and resend notifications accordingly.

After sending the envelope, you are returned to the console.

Note: Changes are only allowed for recipients who have not yet completed their assigned envelope task. A new email will not be sent to recipients who have already completed their task.

I hope you find the Correct feature an essential tool for getting business done faster. Thanks for visiting the DocuSign Community!

Regards,

Tim S.

DocuSign Service

Casual DocuSign User
brendamc

Re: DocuSign Quick Tip: Correcting an In Process Envelope

Newbie - sent out my first Residential Purchase Agreement package to clients to sign.  It would not go to first client - kept saying I needed to sign more.  Went in to it & I could not get to send until I initialed the "Confirmation of Offer Presentation" space, which is not for me to initial - it's for the Listing Agent.  It finally sent, but my initials should not be there & I don't know how to remove & it was only way I could get to send to Clients.  What did I do wrong?

Casual DocuSign User
ssorensen

When I correct a document I am not seeing that corrected version was sent. When I click on the agreements out for signature, select the one that I corrected and look at the summary below it just has the sent date of when I originally sent the document. It doesn't show the date that the corrected version was sent. Is there a place where this information is stored?

Community Manager
DocuMarc

Welcome to the community ssorensen

Yes, you can view the corrections and all other actions in the Envelope History.

Learn how in our our Guide: Viewing Envelope History

You may also find our other Envelope Management Guides helpful as well. 

Searching for Envelopes

Viewing Envelope Status and Details

Viewing Envelope History

Opening an Envelope

Collecting Envelope Form Data

Viewing Changes to Envelope Data

Voiding an Envelope

Resending an Envelope

Correcting an Envelope

Cloning an Envelope

Moving Envelopes between Folders

Adding a Folder

Deleting a Folder

If you found my response helpful, please click the kudos.PNG  underneath my profile. 

If solved, please use the  kudos.PNG button to help other members with the same question. 

header vacation docusign.jpg 

Thank you for visiting the community, 

global standard.png

Learn How to Use the Community! 

Register HERE to Join the Conversation!

Also, view our How-To Guides, Videos, and other Resources, on our Support Portal.

DocuSign it!  

Casual DocuSign User
ssorensen

I just looked in History based on the instructions however it doesn't show that I sent the correction today. It is still only showing when I initially sent the agreement.

Community Manager
DocuMarc

Hello ssorensen, 

I have just corrected an envelope and verified that it was recorder in the Envelope History. 

Can you please try to correct one more time?

MarcAdmin

Casual DocuSign User
mfleischaker

When you correct the envelope and change the recipient, an email automatically goes out to the previous recipient telling them they no longer have access to the envelope. Is there any way to customzie this email?

Community Manager
DocuMarc

[ Edited ]

Yes, you can customize the text in the the email notifications that recipients receive.  

**Account Branding must be enabled on your account and you must have permission  to edit the Master Email Resource File and upload it into your account.

Please view page 28  of our Guide DocuSign System Default Email Formats

Important: Using resource files for account branding is an advanced option. This option should only be used if you have someone experienced in working with XML files available to work with your resource files. This information guide does not provide specific information about modifying XML files.

Guru Collector
amyhoman

Hello, I rarely use the correct feature but today I did and it produced undesireable results.  Since I signed the document in full, I could not replace part of it which had an error without redo'ing it all (it was 140 pages so took an hour to put initials on every page!).  So I used the correct feature to put a data box over the incorrect information (Warranty Period) and then next to it added another data field with the new warranty value.  Both fields were not editable by the next signer.  He had already signed most of the document prior to me making that one change.  And when he went back in to finish signing, none of his initials, text values, signatures were there.  He had to start over.  Is this how the correct feature works??  If you correct one signer's fields, then he has to start over 100%.  Of course I am not there with him knowing if he saved, but there were fields filled out when I corrected and those are all empty when he goes back in.

Casual DocuSign User
timproffitt

DocuSign's email about document completion is showing wrong address

How do you correct this issue?  When my clients and I receive the status of their documents (completion), the email subject line or title is showing the wrong address.  It is close, but no cigar.  The correct address is 10152 Carriage and when we receive the email, it shows 11052 Carriage.  I know the document's address is correct, thank god, or we would have a big issue.

Tim

Community Manager
DocuMarc

Re: DocuSign's email about document completion is showing wrong address

Welcome to the community @timproffitt 

The email subject is entered by the sender.  

Note: Changes are only allowed for recipients who have not yet completed their assigned envelope task. A new email will not be sent to recipients who have already completed their task.

You would be able to correct the envelope if it has not completed by a recipient. 

DocuSign User
Jamers2004

Re: can we add an additional field after someone has signed but the document is not complete?

Hello Bemama,

You can add a field by correcting the envelope, however whomever has completed the envelope will not be able to view these changes. For example, lets say you have 3 signers. Signer 1 has completed his portion. Signer 2 and 3 have not. You can correct the envelope and signer 2 and 3 will be able to view the changes and sign on the updated envelope.

If you need to add a field and the signer you need to view the changes has already completed, the only option you have is to clone the envelope, make the changes to the new envelope, send it out and void the old envelope. If you need help correcting, voiding or cloning an envelope please let me know and I can direct you further.

Warm Regards,

Jamers2004