Community Manager
TimAtDocuSign

DocuSign Quick Tip: Correcting an In Process Envelope

[ Edited ]

You can correct the information in a sent envelope that has In Process status. This can be helpful if an envelope was sent to the wrong email address or incorrect routing order was used in the original envelope.

1) Find the envelope you want to correct in your Sent (or Out for Signature) folder and highlight it by clicking it in the list.

2) Click Actions > Correct.

3) The envelope is opened in the envelope wizard so that you can correct it (change name/email addresses, add documents, adjust routing order, etc).

Note: If you completely remove a recipient, you will also lose any associated tabs. It is best practice to make adjustments to the existing recipient in the list. Also, if you make any changes to an existing recipient’s name or email, or if you add a new recipient, a new notification will be sent automatically. You may also manually resend to any in process recipient by enabling the corresponding Resend checkbox.

4) If you need to change tab placement, add new tabs, remove tabs, etc. click Continue to get to the tagging page. Otherwise, click Correct. This will save the changes made to the envelope and resend notifications accordingly.

After sending the envelope, you are returned to the console.

Note: Changes are only allowed for recipients who have not yet completed their assigned envelope task. A new email will not be sent to recipients who have already completed their task.

I hope you find the Correct feature an essential tool for getting business done faster. Thanks for visiting the DocuSign Community!

Regards,

Tim S.

DocuSign Service

Casual DocuSign User
brendamc

Re: DocuSign Quick Tip: Correcting an In Process Envelope

Newbie - sent out my first Residential Purchase Agreement package to clients to sign.  It would not go to first client - kept saying I needed to sign more.  Went in to it & I could not get to send until I initialed the "Confirmation of Offer Presentation" space, which is not for me to initial - it's for the Listing Agent.  It finally sent, but my initials should not be there & I don't know how to remove & it was only way I could get to send to Clients.  What did I do wrong?

Casual DocuSign User
ssorensen

When I correct a document I am not seeing that corrected version was sent. When I click on the agreements out for signature, select the one that I corrected and look at the summary below it just has the sent date of when I originally sent the document. It doesn't show the date that the corrected version was sent. Is there a place where this information is stored?

Community Manager
DocuMarc

Welcome to the community ssorensen

Yes, you can view the corrections and all other actions in the Envelope History.

Learn how in our our Guide: Viewing Envelope History

You may also find our other Envelope Management Guides helpful as well. 

Searching for Envelopes

Viewing Envelope Status and Details

Viewing Envelope History

Opening an Envelope

Collecting Envelope Form Data

Viewing Changes to Envelope Data

Voiding an Envelope

Resending an Envelope

Correcting an Envelope

Cloning an Envelope

Moving Envelopes between Folders

Adding a Folder

Deleting a Folder

If you found my response helpful, please click the kudos.PNG  underneath my profile. 

If solved, please use the  kudos.PNG button to help other members with the same question. 

header vacation docusign.jpg 

Thank you for visiting the community, 

global standard.png

Learn How to Use the Community! 

Register HERE to Join the Conversation!

Also, view our How-To Guides, Videos, and other Resources, on our Support Portal.

DocuSign it!  

Casual DocuSign User
ssorensen

I just looked in History based on the instructions however it doesn't show that I sent the correction today. It is still only showing when I initially sent the agreement.

Community Manager
DocuMarc

Hello ssorensen, 

I have just corrected an envelope and verified that it was recorder in the Envelope History. 

Can you please try to correct one more time?

MarcAdmin